Sunday, February 14, 2021

Socks




I came across this strange sight one summer's day in the dunes; the owner of the socks was nowhere to be seen.  I offered the image to the workshop writers, to see where it took their imaginations, and it inspired the the fabulous poems below . . .



Marram grass spikes

stick up through the sand

In motion with the sea breeze.

I trudge through the dunes until,

blue socks discarded 

I run, in contact with the elements

Sand, sea, sky. 

 

Jill Head

 

 

 

Socks off,

A sudden need,

To ground myself, bare feet,

Connecting to the earth, I wander

Socks lost.

 

Katy Perry




 The Allure of Sand

 Bewitching beach, you have unshod me

How could I resist your primeval spell?

Oh! how I yearn to sink slowly into your silent, soft embrace

 

Then fleet of foot, to skip across your salt washed ribs 

And return your powdery gold beneath the waking waves

 

Des Ney

 

 

SOCKS

 Great day

Running barefoot

Through the marram grasses

We were laughing, shouting, jumping

Socks gone.

 

Dropped

James, he noticed

But said nothing just ran

He wanted to win the race, first

He won!

 

Kathryn Ashton

 


Socks
A trip to the dunes is never complete
Without shedding my socks and having bare feet
The trouble, I find, is with my feet bare
That when I get home my socks are still there

Ian Homewood

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment